HNN Hot Topics: Obama & McChrystalHot Topics
- Michael Hastings: The Runaway General [Rolling Stone Article]
- HNN Poll: Was Sacking McChrystal the Right Thing to Do?
- HNN Hot Topics: Obama & Afghanistan?
News & Commentary
- Gary Leupp: The McChrystal Affair: A Boon for Obama?
- Fred Branfman: When Rolling Stone Calls the Shots, It’s Time to Negotiate
- Ann Jones: Counterinsurgency Down for the Count in Afghanistan…
- Gary Wills: McChrystal Does Not Matter
- Victor Davis Hanson: McChrystal’s Tragedy
- Garrett Epps: McChrystal Seen Through Washington's Glasses
- Max Boot: Obama Shone in McChrystal Affair
- Andrew J. Bacevich: Endless War, a Recipe for Four-Star Arrogance
- John C. McManus: A History of Insubordinate Generals
- Kenneth Weisbrode: The Presidents and the McGenerals
- Steven Lomazow: Ten Disgraced Generals
- Mark A. LeVine: General McChrystal and the Wages of Hypocrisy
- McChrystal Firing Not Unusual in U.S. History
- Jim Sleeper: McChrystal's Master-Stroke?
- Obama on McChrystal, Truman on MacArthur
- Thomas Sowell: Beyond the McChrystal Flap
- Lucian K. Truscott IV: The Unsentimental Warrior
- Victor Davis Hanson: A McChrystal Endnote
- George F. Will: Why McChrystal Had to Go
- Julian Zelizer: Not Quite MacArthur
- William Astore: McChrystal Must Go
- Fred Kaplan: Who's in Charge in Afghanistan?
- Eliot Cohen: Why McChrystal Has to Go
- Richard H. Kohn: Thoroughly Debate McChrystal’s Fate
- Max Boot: Judging McChrystal’s War
- Robert Dallek: The Other Truman Doctrine
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: What Would Lincoln Do?
- Andrew J. Bacevich: Obama Should Assess the Afghanistan Surge Before Firing McChrystal
- Jim Sleeper: Conservatives See McChrystal's Folly; Neo-Cons Can't
- James P. Pinkerton: Why Obama Won't Fire McChrystal
- Jonathan Taplin: McCrystal & MacArthur
- Juan Cole: Obama's MacArthur Moment
- Ray McGovern: McChrystal Testing the Limits
- Scott Ritter: McChrystal Doesn’t Get It—Does Obama?
- David Greenberg: Forget about McChrystal; Obama's real problem is MacArthurism
- Marty Peretz: The Douglas MacArthur Analogy Fits Neither Petraeus Nor McChrystal.
- Ron Radosh: McChrystal vs. Obama: Is This Another MacArthur vs. Truman?
comments powered by Disqus
Toni Len - 6/24/2010
There is no reason to continue the war in Afghanistan-- except to protect the opium crop--which is the main reason the US is still there.
omar ibrahim baker - 6/24/2010
It was the only road open to President Obama to regain, or retain, some of the hope he evoked in the American public that elected him.
After his hasty retreat from an Israel/AIPPAC confrontation and, mainly, his dismal handling of the Financial Crisis which ended with an outright CORPORATE USA victory over the American taxpayer and American pensioner both announcing a stupendous drawback of a vigorous, reformist and bold Obama Administration with great disillusionment in President Obama himself he had to stand up to the image that sent him to the White House in the first place.
Had he handled the Mac Chrystal affair in any other, conciliatory, way President Obama would have lost for good the bulk of those that sent him to the White House and ended as much of a disillusioned and ineffective retiree as ex President Carter is.
- The Surprisingly Complex Link Between Prohibition and Women’s Rights
- Snopes: Did Clifford Walker Say at a 1924 KKK Rally That He Would Build a ‘Wall of Steel’ Against Immigrants?
- Race and Service in the Pacific During World War II
- Judge Overturns Alabama Law Preventing Removal of Confederate Monuments
- Beyond Rosa Luxemburg: five more women of the German revolution you need to know about
- Was Eric Hobsbawm a dangerous Communist?
- Who Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Like in American History? Historians Weigh In
- Jessica Wilkerson: If We Forget Appalachia's Radical History, We Will Misunderstand Its Future
- Stanford Professor Emeritus Harold Kahn, who specialized in Chinese history, dead at 88
- A Lost Piece of Trans History