Tell Your Friends About HNN & Win!HNN
HNN is proud to announce the WINNERS of our subscription contest!
Distinguished Professor (Grand Prize): Judith Rood, Professor of History and Middle Eastern Studies, Biola University, and a contributor to HNN!
Professor (Second Prize): Walter E. Gourlay
Associate Professor (Third Prize): Nicholas D. Bausch
Assistant Professor (Fourth Prize): Maria Joyner
Why should you read HNN?
There are four levels of prize bundles:
Distinguished Professor: The grand prize winner will receive Ken Burns's The National Parks: America's Best Idea on DVD, plus the companion volume!
Professor: Our Early Twentieth Century Book Bundle! The runner-up will receive autographed copies of Alan Brinkley's Luce: The Life of an American Publisher and Jeff Shesol's Supreme Power: Franklin Roosevelt vs. the Supreme Court, and a copy of Daniel Okrent's Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition.
Associate Professor: Our Revolutionary Book Bundle! The third place winner will receive autographed copies of Gordon S. Wood's Empire of Liberty: A History of the Early Republic, 1789-1815 and Thomas Fleming's The Intimate Lives of the Founding Fathers.
Assistant Professor: The fourth place winner will receive a copy of Rick Perlstein's Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America.
comments powered by Disqus
- Poland’s forgotten civil strife and the struggle for Jewish statehood
- Socialists were winning U.S. elections long before Bernie Sanders and AOC
- The House just passed a bill to create a women’s history museum. Only one congresswoman voted against it.
- For hundreds of years, enslaved people were bought and sold in America. Today most of the sites of this trade are forgotten.
- 2 New Books Examine the the History of Black Travel
- AHA Publishes 2020 Jobs Report
- Yuval Noah Harari's History of Everyone, Ever
- Historian Manisha Sinha Discussed Trump's Acquittal on 2 Episodes of Democracy Now
- Longtime University of Iowa Jeff Cox, 72, championed candidates and his kids
- "No Boy Scout": William Rust Publishes Article on CIA Operations Officer Lucien Conein