Senate Historian Daniel S. Holt Featured on Political Theatre PodcastHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Senate, podcasts
Politicians and pundits are fond of saying that Washington has never been more polarized and that the Senate, in particular, may never recover from contemporary hyper-partisanship and rule-bending.
But it is assistant Senate historian Daniel S. Holt’s job to remind us all that disputes in the chamber used to result in pistols at dawn instead of dueling tweets.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Myth of North America, in One Painting
- When an Enemy’s Cultural Heritage Becomes One’s Own
- The Country’s Oldest Chinatown is Fighting for its Life in San Francisco
- Jonathan Pollard: Revisiting a Still Sensitive Case
- Finding the Last Ship Known to have Brought Enslaved Africans to America and the Descendants of its Survivors