Last Polish Inmate From 1940 Transport to Auschwitz DiesBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Poland, Auschwitz
Officials at the Auschwitz Memorial say Kazimierz Albin, the last surviving inmate from the initial transport of Poles to the German Nazi camp, has died. He was 96.
Auschwitz’s press office said Wednesday that Albin died Monday. The information came from Albin’s family.
The Germans caught Albin in 1940 as he fled occupied Poland to join Polish armed forces abroad.
comments powered by Disqus
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?