Video of the Week: The Nazi Propaganda Film that Compared Jews to RatsRoundup
tags: Hitler, propaganda, Video of the Week
From Wikipedia The Eternal Jew is a 1940 antisemitic German Nazi propaganda film, presented as a documentary. The film's initial German title is Der Ewige Jude, the German term for the character of the "Wandering Jew" in medieval folklore. At the insistence of Nazi Germany's Minister of Propaganda, Joseph Goebbels, the film was directed by Fritz Hippler.
With a screenplay credited to Eberhard Taubert, the film consists of feature and documentary footage combined with materials filmed shortly after the Nazi occupation of Poland. At this time, Poland's Jewish population was about three million, roughly ten percent of the total population. Actor Harry Giese narrated.
Click here to watch the film in its entirety.
New York Times Op Ed Video: We Reimagined Trump’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ as a 1940s Propaganda Film
comments powered by Disqus
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat