Poll: Most Americans believe Holocaust could happen againBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Hitler, Auschwitz, genocide, WWII, Concentration Camp
Most Americans (58 percent) believe the Holocaust could happen again and half think it could happen in the United States, a survey released on Holocaust Remembrance Day showed.
Just over two thirds (68%) thought that anti-Semitism was present in the US, half believed there were many neo-Nazis in the country, and most people thought it was important to continue teaching about the Holocaust and that it should be compulsory in schools.
The study, commissioned by the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany, revealed considerable ignorance about the World War ll genocide of the Jews.
comments powered by Disqus
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?