Google Announces $1 Million Grant To Preserve Stories Of Stonewall UprisingBreaking News
tags: Stonewall, LGBT, Google
Google on Sunday announced a large grant to help record and make sure a major part of gay history – and New York City history – is not forgotten.
As WCBS 880’s Mike Sugerman reported, the grant will ensure that the story of the people who were at the Stonewall uprising 48 years ago [is told].
Thomas Lanigan Schmidt was at the uprising. When asked what it was like, he said, “It’s hard to break it down into a sound bite.”
But he is very glad his story will be memorialized in the new project.
comments powered by Disqus
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?