Nazi Doctor Mengele Now Himself Object of Medical StudyBreaking News
tags: Holocaust, Auschwitz, Nazi, Josef Mengele
The remains of Dr. Josef Mengele, the Nazi leader who was known as the “Angel of Death” for his torturous experiments on prisoners, are now being used to teach medical students at a Brazilian university.
Mengele died in Brazil decades after fleeing Auschwitz. For 30 years his cranium and his bones had been left untouched in a blue plastic bag on a shelf at Sao Paulo’s Institute for Forensic Medicine.
Then last spring, Dr. Daniel Romero Munoz, head of the Department of Legal Medicine at the University of Sao Paulo’s Medical School, got permission to use the remains in his forensic medical courses.
comments powered by Disqus
- Suffrage: Women's Long Battle for the Vote (Virtual Event, 10/26)
- The Supreme Court Is Helping Republicans Rig Elections
- Online Lecture: Stolen: Five Free Boys Kidnapped Into Slavery and Their Astonishing Odyssey Home (11/2)
- In a Land of Cul-de-Sacs, the Street Grid Stages a Comeback
- Frontline: Whose Vote Counts?