Video of the Week: North Korea propaganda video depicts Washington, D.C., nuclear attackRoundup
tags: North Korea, propaganda, Video of the Week
North Korea's newest propaganda video, "Last Chance," shows a nuclear strike on Washington, D.C., and warns the United States against provoking an attack.
The four-minute video, uploaded Saturday to the North's propaganda website DPRK, includes a computer-generated scene of a submarine-launched nuclear missilestriking the Capitol building in Washington, D.C.
As the weapon is shown exploding near the Lincoln Memorial, Korean subtitles appear on the screen.
"If the American imperialists provoke us a bit, we will not hesitate to slap them with a pre-emptive nuclear strike," the message said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat