Finding Inspiration for a Civil Rights Museumtags: Civil Rights Museum
To David Rockwell, the president of the Rockwell Group, which designed its exhibition spaces, the center stands out because it aims to capture the experience of Jim Crow South rather than just collect artifacts from it.
“It’s about creating a sense of that world, and immersing yourself in it,” he said.
To do so, though, he looked at many an artifact when he toured Atlanta and museums in other parts of the country...
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I