Final Titanic letter sold for more than $200,000tags: Titanic
The last letter to be written on the ill-fated Titanic has sold for £119,000 at auction.
It was written by survivors Esther Hart and her seven-year-old daughter Eva eight hours before the Belfast-built ship hit an iceberg and sank in 1912.
The letter was to her mother in east London and only survived as it was in the pocket of Mrs Hart's husband's coat which he gave her to keep warm.
comments powered by Disqus
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Archive of WW II war crimes made public
- They tried to kill Hitler. Now they’re heroes.
- ‘Clinton Inc.’ Author Dishes on Monica Lewinsky and the Blue Dress
- Senator’s Thesis Turns Out to Be Remix of Others’ Works, Uncited
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation
- John D’Emilio, renowned professor of gay studies, retires
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in