Final Titanic letter sold for more than $200,000tags: Titanic
The last letter to be written on the ill-fated Titanic has sold for £119,000 at auction.
It was written by survivors Esther Hart and her seven-year-old daughter Eva eight hours before the Belfast-built ship hit an iceberg and sank in 1912.
The letter was to her mother in east London and only survived as it was in the pocket of Mrs Hart's husband's coat which he gave her to keep warm.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!