Poll: Majority Of Americans Say Obama Is Mixed Race, Not BlackBreaking News
A new poll finds that a majority of Americans say that President Barack Obama is mixed race instead of black.
A poll from the Pew Research Center indicates that 52 percent of Americans say Obama is of “mixed race,” while 27 percent say he is black.
Among the different groups, 53 percent of whites identify Obama as mixed race while 24 percent said he is black. Sixty-one of Hispanics said the president is of mixed race, while only 23 percent said he is black.
The only group who was a majority calling Obama black was African-Americans. Fifty-five percent of blacks indicated that Obama is black, while 34 percent said he was of mixed race.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87
- How Jewish History and the Holocaust Fueled Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Quest for Justice
- Princeton Admitted Past Racism. Now It Is Under Investigation.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97