Elite private school forced to apologize to students after serving special Black History Month menu of fried chicken and collard greenstags: Black History Month
An elite private school in
Indianapolis has apologized for serving fried chicken and collard greens
to students as part of a ‘misguided’ attempt to celebrate Black History
students at Park Tudor School said they were hurt and disappointed when
served the meal last Wednesday, supposedly in the name of raising
‘We apologize for what was a clear error in judgment,’ said school officials. ‘We recognize the distress and hurt feelings this has caused within our entire community.’
Administrators said they realized the problem before lunch was served and removed references to Black History Month from the menu, reports the Indianapolis Star....
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions