Elite private school forced to apologize to students after serving special Black History Month menu of fried chicken and collard greenstags: Black History Month
An elite private school in
Indianapolis has apologized for serving fried chicken and collard greens
to students as part of a ‘misguided’ attempt to celebrate Black History
students at Park Tudor School said they were hurt and disappointed when
served the meal last Wednesday, supposedly in the name of raising
‘We apologize for what was a clear error in judgment,’ said school officials. ‘We recognize the distress and hurt feelings this has caused within our entire community.’
Administrators said they realized the problem before lunch was served and removed references to Black History Month from the menu, reports the Indianapolis Star....
comments powered by Disqus
- Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn
- Without World War I, what would literature look like today?
- The Secret to Early Jewish Success: Literacy
- Egypt’s Nasser is blamed for current problems by the regime
- ‘Google must not be left to censor history’ – Wikipedia founder
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!