Did Russian missile tests violate 1987 treaty with Soviet Union?tags: Russia, Soviet Union, missiles
The United States told other NATO countries this month of a test on a ground-based cruise missile, the New York Times reported Wednesday. The test may have been banned by the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty.
Russia has responded to U.S. queries about the test by saying there has been an investigation, the Times said. The Obama administration has been trying to preserve the treaty and has not yet aggressively pursued the matter....
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?