Fredrik Logevall: How the U.S. Fumbled into Vietnam [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Fredrik Logevall's Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America's Vietnam won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize for history. Here, the Cornell University professor explains how American lurched to war in Vietnam, and why Ho Chi Minh was a more complicated actor than policymakers of the time understood.
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!