Samuel Moyn: The History of "Human Rights" [VIDEO]tags: American Historical Association, videos
Samuel Moyn is a professor of intellectual history at Columbia University and a specialist in the history of human rights. Here, he explains how the concept of human rights developed in the eighteenth century in a very different way than our idea of human rights in the twentieth and twenty-first.
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years