Nazi-looted art found in German parliamenttags: Nazi Germany, art
Art stolen by the Nazis has been found inside Germany’s parliament.
The discovery, made by an art historian, comes as investigations continue following a huge stash of looted art revealed last month, according to Reuters, citing the German newspaper Bild....
The works – an oil painting by Georg Waltenberger dated 1905 and a chalk lithograph by Lovis Corinth – could be two of hundreds of thousands of artworks from museums and individuals that the Nazis stole throughout Europe....
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions