Florida school named after KKK leader to be renamedtags: Nathan Bedford Forrest, KKK
The identity of a Jacksonville high school named after an early Ku Klux Klan leader is finally changing after the school board voted unanimously Monday to call it something else.
Duval Public Schools Superintendent Nikolai Vitti wants the students of the mostly black high school to decide on a new name to replace Nathan B. Forrest. The change will happen in July 2014, according to FirstCoastNews.com.
A previous attempt to change the Florida school's name was struck down by the school board in 2007....
comments powered by Disqus
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions
- Cornel West and the Insular World of the Obama-Hating Left