Florida school named after KKK leader to be renamedtags: Nathan Bedford Forrest, KKK
The identity of a Jacksonville high school named after an early Ku Klux Klan leader is finally changing after the school board voted unanimously Monday to call it something else.
Duval Public Schools Superintendent Nikolai Vitti wants the students of the mostly black high school to decide on a new name to replace Nathan B. Forrest. The change will happen in July 2014, according to FirstCoastNews.com.
A previous attempt to change the Florida school's name was struck down by the school board in 2007....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years