CSU-Pueblo faculty rallies against cutstags: higher education, protests
Dozens of Colorado State University-Pueblo faculty and supporters gathered at a fountain on campus, within view of the president’s office, to express their concerns over a proposal to cut up to 50 positions at the school.
The group said cutting the positions would have a detrimental effect on the academic mission of the university and the repercussions would be felt throughout Pueblo and its economy....
Many teachers at the university conduct research aimed at local topics and history professor Fawn-Amber Montoya, who also coordinates the university’s Chicano studies program, said faculty is concerned about that loss and the impact to academic programs....
comments powered by Disqus
- Limbaugh, Citing Ron Radosh, Tries to Blame Max Blumenthal for Kansas Rampage
- UC Berkeley professor emeritus Robert Harlan dies at 84
- She Came All the Way from Melbourne to Attend the OAH
- The 7 Most Popular HNN Videos from the 2014 OAH
- Jesse Lemisch’s up-from-below history is still strikingly original