David Peleg, Israeli historian and diplomat, dies at 72tags: obituaries, Israel, David Peleg, diplomats
JERUSALEM (JTA) — David Peleg, an Israeli historian and a longtime diplomat who served as director of the World Jewish Restitution Organization, has died.
Peleg, Israel’s former ambassador to Poland, died Nov. 27 in Israel following a long illness. He was 72.
The Jerusalem native, whose family was from Poland, served as an Israeli envoy starting in 1965, finishing his career in Warsaw from 2004 to 2009. Previous stops included Zambia, Atlanta, London, Washington, New York and Geneva....
comments powered by Disqus
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I
- Plagiarism scandals galore … but no consequences?
- Stephen Cohen was once considered a top Russia historian. Now he publishes odd defenses of Vladimir Putin, says critic
- Historian who calls bull&%$@ on July 4th parade causes controversy
- This is what motivated history students in high school and middle school can do!