'Last' WW2 Tiger tank to be used in Brad Pitt filmtags: World War II, Hollywood, tanks
A World War Two Tiger tank - thought to be the last of its type in working order - is being loaned to the makers of the latest Brad Pitt film.
The star has been shooting scenes for the action movie Fury around the village of Shirburn in Oxfordshire.
The German tank was restored by experts at the Tank Museum in Bovington, Dorset, where it is usually on display.
Museum director Richard Smith said it was "one of the the most feared weapons unleashed by the Nazis"....
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets