Email scammers targeting historians, AHA warnstags: American Historical Association, emails, scams
The American Historical Association is warning members about a new email scam offering a pay-for-play chance to publish a scholarly paper.
The typical scam email, the AHA notes, "contains grammatical errors and unprofessional language" and is sent on behalf of non-existent journals.
If you receive an unsolicited email from an "academic" journal, please, due diligence. Google the name of the journal to verify it is real, and never, ever pay to have a paper placed in a journal.
comments powered by Disqus
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals
- Two historians are in a race against time to preserve early church records from destruction
- Yale's Jay Winter sums up what we should remember about WW I