Email scammers targeting historians, AHA warnstags: American Historical Association, emails, scams
The American Historical Association is warning members about a new email scam offering a pay-for-play chance to publish a scholarly paper.
The typical scam email, the AHA notes, "contains grammatical errors and unprofessional language" and is sent on behalf of non-existent journals.
If you receive an unsolicited email from an "academic" journal, please, due diligence. Google the name of the journal to verify it is real, and never, ever pay to have a paper placed in a journal.
comments powered by Disqus
- Classicist Mary Beard celebrated by the New Yorker as “The Troll Slayer”
- Ilan Pappé praised in Iran as a "prominent anti-Zionist Israeli historian and intellectual"
- It's hard to be an optimist today, but Juan Cole is
- Georgetown U. Professor Compares Israel to ISIS
- It’s not 1939, says Deborah Lipstadt, but Jews have a right to be worried