Radiant 180 29 2 A tragic tale of romance gone radioactive.tags: World War II, Radium Girls
Welcome to the second installment of 12 Panel Pitch, where we take an idea for a Hollywood feature film and boil it down to 12 visual beats. This week’s comic, a historical drama based on the Radium Girls, is by novelist Tom DeHaven and cartoonist Melanie Gillman. I’m surprised this story hasn’t already been made into a movie. If Hollywood does ever make it, I doubt they’ll cast Tom’s heroine in the same way Melanie did. That role, according to the rules of the commercial feature film (and, by now, our own internalized expectations), goes to a more svelte actor...
comments powered by Disqus
- Study: Violent radicalism in UK isn't associated with poverty
- CONFIRMED: the Shrine of Jonah/Mosque of Yunus (Nineveh, Mosul, Iraq) has been destroyed
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Nobody can change history
- Iraq’s Long-Lost Mythical Temple Has Been Found…and Is In Danger of Disappearing Again
- CBS features in-depth coverage of the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights law
- Obama to award National Humanities Medals to 3 historians
- Historian Curt Gentry, known for Hoover biography and ‘Helter Skelter,’ dies at 83
- Harvard historian: strategy of climate science denial groups 'extremely successful'
- Curators at Victoria and Albert Museum are pushing the boundaries of collecting
- Ukrainian Leaders Are Using David Barton's Theocratic Pseudo-History To Build Their Nation