UCR Historian Launches Archaeological Societytags: Archaeological Institute of America, Denver Graninger
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A series of events aimed at increasing local interest in archaeology will be held in Riverside and Redlands this fall, organized by UC Riverside history professor Denver Graninger.
Graninger is working to establish a local society of the Archaeological Institute of America (AIA), the oldest and largest organization in North America devoted to archaeology. The nonprofit group, founded in 1879 and chartered by Congress in 1906, has more than 200,000 members in local societies in the United States...
comments powered by Disqus
- Rutgers historian Rudy Bell leads protest against Condoleezza Rice speaking at commencement
- Islamic history scholar Michael Cook wins Holberg Prize
- Prolific Alaskan Historian, Author, UAF Professor Claus-M. Naske Passes at Age 78
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood