UCR Historian Launches Archaeological Societytags: Archaeological Institute of America, Denver Graninger
RIVERSIDE, Calif. — A series of events aimed at increasing local interest in archaeology will be held in Riverside and Redlands this fall, organized by UC Riverside history professor Denver Graninger.
Graninger is working to establish a local society of the Archaeological Institute of America (AIA), the oldest and largest organization in North America devoted to archaeology. The nonprofit group, founded in 1879 and chartered by Congress in 1906, has more than 200,000 members in local societies in the United States...
comments powered by Disqus
- David Rosand, an Art History Scholar Whose Heart Was in Venice, Dies at 75
- NYT interviews Rick Perlstein about his book
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?