Daily Astorian: History On Hold As Shutdown Closes Parktags: government shutdown
The federal shutdown ordered in Washington, D.C., has kept visitors to the region from experiencing a key part of North Coast history.
Lewis and Clark National Historical Park shut its gates Tuesday after a federal budget agreement fell through in Congress. A cruise ship with 2,670 passengers arrived that morning with many hoping to see where the Corps of Discovery made its winter camp and built Fort Clatsop....
comments powered by Disqus
- Heffron, of WWII's Band of Brothers, Dies at 90
- Fully 70 percent of films from silent era are lost, according to Library of Congress report
- "Secret" Labyrinth of Tunnels under Rome Mapped
- Florida Tribe Re-Creates Daring Escape From The Trail Of Tears
- Evolution, Civil War history entwine in plant fossil with a tragic past