Daily Astorian: History On Hold As Shutdown Closes Parktags: government shutdown
The federal shutdown ordered in Washington, D.C., has kept visitors to the region from experiencing a key part of North Coast history.
Lewis and Clark National Historical Park shut its gates Tuesday after a federal budget agreement fell through in Congress. A cruise ship with 2,670 passengers arrived that morning with many hoping to see where the Corps of Discovery made its winter camp and built Fort Clatsop....
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse