UF history professor Alan Petigny found dead in apartmenttags: obituaries, historians
Florin Curta last saw his colleague and fellow history professor Alan Petigny last Monday outside their offices at the University of Florida.
“We chatted, he was positive and full of life and new projects,” Curta said. Petigny had just begun writing his second book, about changes in U.S. culture after World War II, and wanted Curta to read the first chapter.
It was the last time the two would speak to each other. Petigny, 48, died last week, law enforcement officials said, apparently of natural causes....
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years