Restored Mary Pickford film to be screened in New Hampshiretags: Mary Pickford
Seven years ago, a contractor was commissioned to tear down a decaying barn in the small New Hampshire town of Nelson. Before destroying the building, he checked out the barn to make sure it was empty.
On the second floor were an old film projector and seven reels of highly volatile nitrate films that weren't even stored in cans. Four of the films had been considered lost including the 1911 Mary Pickford short "Their First Misunderstanding," a comedy-drama about a newlywed couple's first argument....
comments powered by Disqus
- Round 2: It's Benny Morris vs. Martin Kramer ... Was there a massacre in 1948 in Lydda?
- World War I Anniversary: Five Historians, Two Questions
- While French historians take a common view of WW I, British and German don't
- Historian: Proclamation Naming Pa. State Gun Gets Facts Wrong
- Irish slave owners were compensated historian reveals