Ben Urwand's "The Collaboration" profiled in Wall Street Journal interviewtags: Hollywood
After 10 years of intensive archival research, author and Harvard
scholar Ben Urwand is tearing down the popular impression that the 1930s
Hollywood community stood united in efforts to combat the Nazi regime
with his new book "The Collaboration."
The Wall Street Journal sat down with Ben Urwand in its New York office where he discussed his new book The Collaboration, and how Nazi censors influenced the final cut of All Quiet on the Western Front, and not just in Germany.
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions