Ben Urwand's "The Collaboration" profiled in Wall Street Journal interviewtags: Hollywood
After 10 years of intensive archival research, author and Harvard
scholar Ben Urwand is tearing down the popular impression that the 1930s
Hollywood community stood united in efforts to combat the Nazi regime
with his new book "The Collaboration."
The Wall Street Journal sat down with Ben Urwand in its New York office where he discussed his new book The Collaboration, and how Nazi censors influenced the final cut of All Quiet on the Western Front, and not just in Germany.
comments powered by Disqus
- Five Things You Need to Know to be a Better Digital Preservationist
- Book on Losing British Generals Wins American History Prize
- Stanford scholar explores civil rights revolution's positive impact on the South's economy
- Harvard Historian Nancy Koehn on Amazon's Tentacular Reach
- Q&A with historian and author Nick Turse