Soil samples show Richard III suffered from roundwormtags: archaeology, Richard III, medicine, ringworm
Richard III suffered from a roundworm infection, a team says.
A soil sample from the region where his infected intestines would have been during life, revealed multiple roundworm eggs.
Prevalent both in medieval times and in tropical countries today, the roundworm parasite spreads from faecal contamination and can grow up to one foot long....
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian Fernando Prado on quest to find remains of Cervantes
- Historian shines a light on the dark heart of Australia's nationhood
- Female historian says human rights museum censored her
- Japanese historians slam sex-slave apology review
- Stephanie Coontz: "Marriages require much more maturity than they once did."