Replica of Peter the Great's Dutch House Planned for MoscowBreaking News
tags: Russia, Netherlands, Moscow, Peter the Great, tsar
A joint project undertaken by Russian and Dutch engineers will see the creation of a replica of Peter the Great’s house in the Netherlands in Kolomenskoye Park. The construction is part of the 2013 Russia – the Netherlands Bilateral Year, said Major Anton Goncharov, a representative of the Defense Ministry’s press service, in an interview with Interfax.
The Netherland’s 101st Engineer Battalion will work alongside the engineering brigade of Russia’s Western Military District to create the replica, with construction scheduled to begin this October, Interfax reported.
The Dutch military delegation arrived in Moscow at the end of August to discuss building plans for the full-scale replica....
comments powered by Disqus
- Merrittocracy with Keri Leigh Merritt: Kevin Kruse on the 2020 Election
- Radical Protests Propelled the Suffrage Movement. Here’s How a New Museum Captures That History
- Not Every U.S. Presidential Race Has Been Decided on Election Day. Here’s What to Know About America’s History of Contested Elections
- Control, Alter, Delete:Hong Kong Activists and Academics are Hurrying to Digitize Historical Records
- Voter Fraud, Suppression and Partisanship: A Look at the 1876 Election