Replica of Peter the Great's Dutch House Planned for MoscowBreaking News
tags: Russia, Netherlands, Moscow, Peter the Great, tsar
A joint project undertaken by Russian and Dutch engineers will see the creation of a replica of Peter the Great’s house in the Netherlands in Kolomenskoye Park. The construction is part of the 2013 Russia – the Netherlands Bilateral Year, said Major Anton Goncharov, a representative of the Defense Ministry’s press service, in an interview with Interfax.
The Netherland’s 101st Engineer Battalion will work alongside the engineering brigade of Russia’s Western Military District to create the replica, with construction scheduled to begin this October, Interfax reported.
The Dutch military delegation arrived in Moscow at the end of August to discuss building plans for the full-scale replica....
comments powered by Disqus
- Santae Tribble, Whose Wrongful Conviction Revealed FBI Forensic Hair Match Flaws, Dies at 59
- Crowd Rallies to Keep Confederate Memorial in Downtown St. Augustine
- As Divisions Threaten America, The Pressure To Cancel Presidents Is Dangerous
- Trump is Going All In on Divisive Culture Wars. That Might not Work this Time.
- Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots
- How to Confront a Racist National History
- The Politics of Race are Shifting, and Politicians are Struggling to Keep Pace
- Trump’s Push to Amplify Racism Unnerves Republicans who have Long Enabled Him
- The Day the White Working Class Turned Republican (Review)
- David Starkey Criticised over Slavery Comments