CIA acknowledges existence of Area 51 testing groundtags: CIA, Area 51, Nellis, Dreamland, Skunkworks, SR-71 Blackbird
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The CIA is acknowledging the existence of Area 51 in newly declassified documents.
George Washington University’s National Security Archive obtained a CIA history of the U-2 spy plane program through a public records request and released it Thursday.
National Security Archive senior fellow Jeffrey Richelson reviewed the history in 2002, but all mentions of Area 51 had been redacted....
comments powered by Disqus
- Arizona Historical Society soon could be history
- Yale's Donald Kagan says students need to study Western civilization
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets