Lincoln Memorial vandalizedtags: Huffington Post, D.C., Washington, Lincoln Memorial, vandalism
The Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. was vandalized overnight.
According to NBCWashington, green paint was splattered inside the chamber of the memorial, on Lincoln and on the floor around it.
The monument will be closed while National Park Service crews clean up the mess, The Associated Press reported.
There's no word yet on who desecrated the monument or what their motive was for doing so....
comments powered by Disqus
- New Hampshire professors at odds with library over discarded books
- Troubled history fuels Japan-China tension
- Independent Scotland's last gasp forgotten in Panama jungle
- LBJ was the ‘most-threatened president in American history’
- New exhibit at the World War I Museum ... Over by Christmas: August-December 1914
- Ken Burns on Colbert to promote his new documentary, "The Address"
- UC Santa Barbara History Department featuring a series on the Great Society at 50
- Historians are trying to recover censored texts from World War I poets
- Diane Ravitch blasts the NYT for failing to understand the controversy over Common Core
- Mormon history professors debate atheists in bid to foster greater understanding