Senate Appropriations Subcommittee Restores Sequester Cuts to NHPRC for FY 14tags: sequestration, budgets, National Coalition for History, Capitol Hill, U.S. Senate, U.S. Congress
The Senate Financial Services & General Government Subcommittee today passed a FY 14 funding bill that provides $5 million for the National Historical Publications & Records Commission (NHPRC). NCH had asked for level funding of $4.75 million. However the subcommittee went beyond that amount for FY 14 and restored the $250,000 cut under the sequester in FY 13.
The full Appropriations Committee is expected to adopt this funding level when it marks up the bill on July 25.
Last week, the House Appropriations Committee rejected zeroing out the NHPRC and adopted an amendment that restored $3 million for FY 14.
Thank you to everyone who sent alerts or called their Senators! It obviously made a huge difference!
comments powered by Disqus
- Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
- It’s Martin Kramer vs. Ari Shavit vs. Benny Morris
- It's official: 2014 AHA election results are in
- In new book UC Berkeley historian Waldo E. Martin, Jr. takes Black Panther Party's point of view
- Economics historian finds that real social mobility takes hundreds of years