New German plaque for downed Dambuster bombertags: World War II, Telegraph (UK), Germany, The Dam Busters, Royal Air Force
Of all the commemorations marking this month’s 70th anniversary of the Second World War’s most famous bombing raid, it is perhaps the most poignant.
A new plaque has been unveiled in a German field where one of the Dambuster bombers crashed, with the loss of all seven men on-board.
The memorial has been installed by a local historian who located the crash site as part of his research into the fate of the aircraft, AJ-E....
comments powered by Disqus
- Nelson Mandela Dead: Icon of Anti-Apartheid Movement Dies at 95
- George H.W. Bush Given Lyndon B. Johnson Foundation Award
- Bruce Springsteen's 'Born To Run' manuscript could fetch $100,000 at NY auction
- Hospital Donates Records of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis to JFK Library
- Australia’s Eureka Flag Finds a New Patch