Adam Laats: Get In Line, David Bartontags: conservatism, education, David Barton, Adam Laats, blogs
What history books should American school children read?
Most recently, the history darling-in-chief among many conservatives has been Wallbuilders’ David Barton. Glenn Beck, Mike Huckabee, and other conservative politicians have praised Barton’s vision of American history.
For those who haven’t followed the story lately, here’s a brief synopsis: Barton claims to be the best historian around, the only one honest and dedicated enough to discover the real Christian intention of most of the Founding Fathers. His latest book, The Jefferson Lies, came under brutal attack for its historical inaccuracies and misrepresentations. The accusations came not only from partisan leftists, but also from conservative Christian critics. As a result, the original publisher pulled the book from store shelves. Glenn Beck’s publishing arm quickly picked up the title....
comments powered by Disqus
- OAH issues a statement in support of the AP standards
- Daniel Pipes says in interview that the absence of anti-Israel protests in Muslim countries is highly significant
- A historian who studies China has discovered an overlooked angle in the debate about the Middle East. Could he have figured out a key reason for Iraq’s failure to defeat ISIS?
- American Historical Association backs revision of the AP course in history
- Middle East Scholars and Librarians Call for the Boycott of Israeli Academic Institutions